NCCPC coordinates partnerships with
college campuses and employers
throughout the Bay Area and California
so that we can serve more students together.
Benefits for Students of NCCPC member organizations
Welcome! NCCPC Members’ students (aka Promise Scholars) benefit from the resourcese we develop and the partnerships we negotiate.
Click on the button below to see if your scholarship or other service provider is a member!
The following are just some of the benefits for Promise Scholars. Find more resources on this page!
- NCCPC’s public events for high school and college students
- NCCPC-Campus and/or Workforce partner events in your community
- NCCPC’s YouTube channel of recorded webinars for students and advisors
- NCCPC’s student-led virtual hub, Let’s Go To College Bay Area
Have you received a private scholarship?
Do you know your rights around scholarship displacement?
Starting with the 2023-2024 academic year, all public and private colleges in CA will be prohibited from displacement student’s private scholarships if they are eligible for the federal Pell Grant or financial aid via the California Dream Act (CADAA).
Check out the Scholarship Displacement Know Your Rights Toolkit, click on the button below!
Follow Us on Social Media!
Your Path to Success
If you have a dream, NCCPC wants to support it!
There are 7 Steps to Success:
- Document Your Dreams
- Access Resources Online
- Get Your Basic Needs
- Explore Careers & Network
- Make a Plan and Follow It
- Get Your Benefits
- College Fit & Affordability
Here are links to resources that you should check out!
Explore $6 billion in scholarships with the BigFuture Scholarship Search
Explore careers with Gladeo
Explore careers with Roadtrip Nation
CaliforniaColleges.edu for college, financial aid, and career planning
Get a personalized checklist of resources with AssistHub
Explore college affordability and fit with DecidED
The application for the next cycle opens in July!
College opens one door. MLT opens the rest.
As a college student, the path to figuring out your passion and graduating with a job offer can feel overwhelming. MLT’s Career Prep program provides Fellows with a winning professional playbook, 18 months of one-on-one coaching, and an accelerating network of 8,000 MLT Rising Leaders.
We will help you gain career-accelerating skills not taught in classrooms, cultivate personal clarity, and connect with top employers for potential internships and full-time roles. Career Prep provides general programming across a variety of industries.
In addition, MLT offers specialty programming for students interested in these specific functions and industries (click to read more):
Are you part of an organization that is a member of NCCPC? Be sure to select that organization from the dropdown when you apply!
Learn more before you apply!
Enroll at a California Community College Today
You can do great things with a college education and opportunity is knocking! If you haven’t already applied for the fall semester, don’t delay any longer. Classes are still available at the 116 California community colleges across the state, allowing you to remain home or close to home.
Students who obtain a degree or certificate from a California community college nearly double their earnings within three years, which puts them on track to earn a good living wage and be able to provide for themselves and their families. And attending a California community college doubles an individual’s chance of finding a job compared to those who do not complete high school.
Community colleges offer:
- Associate degrees, certificates and transfer programs as well as more than 200 career training programs
- Flexible scheduling and support resources such as tutoring, counseling, career planning and health and wellness
- Late-start classes which start at different times throughout the semester and offer the same amount of credits in a more condensed timeframe
- An opportunity to transfer to a four-year university or college with guaranteed junior status after two years at a California community college
- A variety of financial aid opportunities to students year-round including grants, scholarships and work study programs as well as dedicated financial aid for Veterans, Foster Youth and Dreamers
- And much more.
Your first step towards a dream career is to visit ICanGoToCollege.com—a new website available in English and Spanish that has bundled information about enrollment, financial aid, career education and transfer programs all in one central location. The website also offers a short online Career Opportunities quiz that can you learn about potential career paths that align with your interests.
Now is the time to start planning for your future. Don’t delay and apply today.
We’ve got tips to share!
Visit our YouTube Channel and check out our Student Videos playlist and more for recent webinars we recorded!
Join Mer Curry, Executive Director of NCCPC and alum of East Side Union High School District (ESUHSD) for a presentation on College, Financial & Career Resources for NorCal families.