Join Our Education Initiative!
What is the objective of the Education City Initiative?
Embedding the value of education in local governments and elevating partnerships to eliminate poverty and enhance quality of life.
What does it mean to be an Education City?
- Introduce an Education City Resolution in jurisdiction & create an Action Plan
- And, one (1) or more of the following:
- Promote Children’s Savings Accounts
- Utilize Scholarship Displacement Toolkits
- Engage relevant city departments and agencies with local K16 collaboratives, where available.
- Support the implementation of the California Cradle to Career Data System and its tools.
Take Actions to address the following goals:
- Universal Access and Affordability
- Career Pathways
- Comprehensive and Coordinated Care
What resources are available to help us explore becoming an Education City?
We’ve developed a Resource Toolkit for California cities and counties to help you cultivate a culture of ongoing improvement, which is essential to achieving the goal of supporting Californians in achieving economic mobility and ending poverty.
Thank you to Hayward Mayor Mark Salinas, San Fernando Mayor Celeste Rodriguez, NCCPC’s Steering Committee, and other leaders for your support developing this toolkit!
Have suggestions for the toolkit?
Send them to admin @ norcalpromisecoalition.org with “Education City feedback” in the subject line.
- Highlight the importance of local governments to support cradle to career programs and policies.
- Raise awareness about what the state is advancing and the importance of local connection to new resources.
- Outline what being an “Education City” entails and take action.
- For elected officials and their staff.
- Template Resolution
- Sample Action Plans
- Toolkits for Children’s Savings Accounts promotion, Scholarship displacement information, etc.
- For elected officials and implementing staff