NCCPC Presents at SVCN’s Activate Your Impact
Source: Meredith Curry, Executive Director of NCCPC
Event: It’s a challenging world for nonprofits and the communities we serve. COVID-19 has deeply exacerbated our community’s greatest inequities and the road to recovery has been pitted by roadblocks and slowdowns. Silicon Valley Council of Nonprofits welcomes nonprofits to our Activate Your Impact Policy Summit from February 15 to February 17, 2022.
On February 15, we’ll gather for Supporting Good Trouble with Good Facilitation presented by Meredith Curry, Executive Director of the Northern California College Promise Coalition (NCCPC).
In this session, participants will how how to drive advocacy and build coalitions through strong facilitation with Meetings that Matter. Explore ways that NCCPC activates its coalition members, partners, allies, and the greater community around bills, how to set up your teams and networks for success to promote your campaigns, how to keep people on task and on track throughout and after the campaign, and how to keep relationships strong regardless of the outcome.
- Get examples of meeting agenda templates that work
- Explore how to design an outreach toolkit
- Find out ways you can engage multiple supporters and co-sponsors for a broader, stronger initiative
“Everyday there are missed opportunities because organizations aren’t connected, best practices haven’t been shared, data hasn’t been utilized. What happens when these spaces do not exist for brave, bold, and ambitious leaders with strong models and proof-of-concepts to share and leverage their learning and successes beyond the boundaries of their organization’s footprint?”
Explore the Session
Want to learn more about this session?
Recording: Stay tuned for the recording from SVCN!
Explore the Resources
NCCPC (Northern California College Promise Coalition)
- Attend a Policy Committee meeting (every 2nd Monday from 3-4pm PT)
NCAN (National College Attainment Network)
- Join the Advisory Task Force (consider for 2023)
- Become an NCAN Fellow (e.g. 2022 Leading for Equity and 2020 Federal Advocacy)
WACAC (Western Association for College Admission Counseling)
- Apply for a leadership role: President-Elect, Treasurer-Elect, and Secretary-Elect
AAUW (American Association of University Women)