NCCPC Presents the CSAC Financial Aid + Scholarship Panel
Northern California Promise Coalition is excited to present a Financial Aid Workshop + Scholarship Panel on December 7 in San Jose. The panel is held in association with Evergreen Library’s #WisdomWednesday and sponsored by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC).
NCCPC is excited to present and facilitate CSAC’s last financial aid workshop of 2022 along with a scholarship panel of community experts in college financial aid resources and planning. This free workshop offers highschool students, current college students, highschool and college counselors, student outreach coordinators and advocates, community education partners, Dreamer resource staff, and foster youth advocates the chance to attend free training and discover financial aid opportunities to support their students as they pursue college educations and scholarships.
CSAC Financial Aid + Scholarship Panel
Date: December 7, 2022
Time: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: Evergreen Library
Address: 2635 Aborn Road, San Jose, 95121
The Scholarship Panel presented by NCCPC follows on the heels of a half-day of free training offered by CSAC. The panel discussion includes a brief introduction to our panelists followed by some of the most frequently asked questions surrounding financial aid for college in the state of California, as well as addressing national scholarships.
The Scholarship Panel includes:
- Facilitator Jackie Nevarez, College and Career Coordinator, Sacramento City Unified School District
- Panelist Adrian McBride, Community Programs Administrator, San Jose Aspires
- Lisa Lopez, Director of College Access for ScholarMatch
- Jose Jimenez, Director of College Access, San Francisco & South Bay 10,000 Degrees
- Dora Bryer, Community Relations Manager, Excite Credit Union
Questions to be addressed include:
- Where do scholarships come from?
- What is the biggest hurdle for students to apply for scholarships?
- What can families do to support students applying for scholarships?
- What are the top resources students can use to explore scholarship opportunities?
- What are your biggest tips for students applying for scholarships?
The panel will also include time after the event for questions from audience members.
Financial Aid Workshop + Panel Outcomes
Workshop/Panel attendees will
- Understand the benefits of applying to scholarships and the effort involved to apply.
- Learn about the various sources of scholarships
- Learn best practices and tips to apply to campus, local and/or national scholarships.
- Have access to scholarships students qualify for and can apply to with resources to help them apply successfully.
- Have resources on financial literacy and banking.
Join us December 7 for an informative free session. Registration for the Financial Aid Workshop + Scholarship Panel is open at https://www.csac.ca.gov/post/2022-annual-statewide-financial-aid-workshops. Select December 7 (the last workshop this year!) and add the number of free tickets you would like. You’ll receive an email with more information for the event. All attendees receive Let’s Go folders with free information, and NCCPC will hold several raffles for Moneythink backpacks and an Old Navy gift card.
We hope to see you at Evergreen Library for #WisdomWednesday and this free event.
Explore the Session
Want to learn more about this session?