Jan 7

Dental and Physical Health

January 7, 2022 | By Edwin Burgos Perez

If you move to college in a different city, it is most likely that you will have to transfer your care and connect with your campus health care services. Connecting with your campus health center, or finding a provider near you will help you keep track of your dental and physical health. Health care centers on campus are available, but you will need to reach out to make sure you’re up to date with your medical needs and requirements for students on campus. Research more about your college’s specific health care services so you are prepared for any potential costs.

To access dental and physical health services, you will likely need insurance.

Most colleges will let you know when you register for classes if you need to buy mandatory health insurance or if you’re covered through your family’s insurance.

Your college should have a Student Health Insurance Waiver process if you are already covered.

Not exactly sure what kind of support you need?

  • Check out AssistHub to help you better understand how to utilize and access health insurance like Covered California.

  • For a comparison of benefits and rights based on immigrant status in California, click here.

Have feedback, question, or a suggestion about this content page or Let’s Go To College Bay Area? Submit your feedback here.